Sunday, August 29, 2010

0006

My Grandma. She said herself that she has not cried yet. We all deal in different ways, and on different time lines. She has also had the opportunity to see the facts in front of her. Time will tell. I just hope that she can be well, and still be happy.
I do worry about her more now. But I am glad that she is still staying in their house. It's a place she knows, and feels comfortable. even with her eyes going, I expect she will be able to find everything there.
Just as people will be able to find her. We don't want here to be disjointed from access to the people who genuinely care for her. An assisted living home seems like such a depressing place to be. By doing everything for you, they remove some people's reason to get started in the morning. Trailing off to a slow disappearance into the shadows of minds. I would like my grandmother to have every reason to be alive. i love here.
Her having an emergency alert like thing on her, can give some comfort to us and her. Her having gotten it before my grandpa's passing, I think gave him a little comfort in the face of knowing the inevitable would some day come. I think she will be OK, and I hope so too.

I think, at some points, we all expected him to live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment